Door Maintenance & Automatic Door Recommendations
*Preventive maintenance service plan available*
These minimum safety checks, in addition to those in the owner’s manual, should be made each day and after any loss of electrical power:
- Walk towards the door at a normal pace. The door should open before you reach the threshold.
- Stand motionless in the threshold for at least 10 seconds. The door should not close
- Inspect the door’s threshold area. It should be clean with no loose parts that could trip or cause a person to fall. Keep doorway traffic path clear.
- Move clear of the door area. The door should remain open for 1.5 seconds minimum and the door should close slowly and smoothly.
- Inspect the glass, safety decals, guide rails and finger guards. All should be present and in good condition.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 from the other side of the door if used for 2 way traffic.
- Have door inspected by your certified AMPM Certified Inspector at least once a year or after any repairs or adjustments.
DO NOT USE DOOR if it fails any of these safety checks or if it malfunctions in any way. Call a qualified automatic door service company to have door repaired or serviced.